Time-Life Medical Video Series
|Duration:||approx. 30 minutes, except as noted|
Milner-Fenwick distributes the acclaimed video series developed under the direction of former Surgeon General, C. Everett Koop, M.D. Now for a limited time you can buy these videos at special prices.
Each video is approximately 30 minutes in length (with the exception of four exercise videos which are 75 minutes long). The videos are hosted by award-winning TV journalists like Linda Ellerbee, Boyd Matson, or Mike Schneider. An accompanying booklet for each video includes program highlights, a journal for the patient, glossary of terms, and a resource guide. Each kit provides an up-to-date and easy-to-understand foundation of knowledge a patient needs specifically at the time of diagnosis.
This series provides a new source of valuable information to patients and their families. Research has shown that better informed consumers have more realistic expectations about treatment and are more confident in managing their medical conditions. The videos provide a complete review of each topic including an explanation of the diagnosis and the options for treatment and management. Commentary from top national experts in each field of medicine is combined with high quality animation and footage of real people sharing their experiences.
- Understanding the Diagnosis: What's going on inside the body and what were the potential causes.
- What Happens Next: Types of professionals the patient may encounter, how a condition is monitored and how day-to-day life may change.
- Treatment and Management: An exploration of the options for treatment and management of a condition.
- Issues and Answers: A look at the practical issues surrounding the condition and insightful answers to the most common questions.
You can be assured that the quality of each video presentation is of the highest standards and very appropriate for patients. This series was created by Time Life Medical under the guidance of C. Everett Koop, MD. All material was thoroughly researched and reviewed by a medical Advisory Board of prominent clinicians, researchers and public health experts.
- DK-01 Alzheimer's Disease
- DK-02 Alcoholism
- DK-03 Anorexia and Bulimia
- DK-04 Arthritis (Osteoarthritis)
- DK-05 Asthma in Children
- DK-06 Breast Cancer
- DK-07 Breast Lumps (including Fibrocystic Breast Disease)
- DK-08 Cataracts
- DK-09 Colon/Colorectal Cancer
- DK-10 Coronary Artery Disease
- DK-12 Diabetes
- DK-13 Endometriosis
- DK-14 Gallstones
- DK-15 High Blood Pressure
- DK-16 Infertility
- DK-17 Insomnia and Sleep Related Problems
- DK-18 Lower Back Pain
- DK-19 Menopause (and pre-menopause)
- DK-20 Migraines and Other Headaches
- DK-21 Osteoporosis
- DK-23 Pregnancy
- DK-24 Prostate Disorders (Enlarged Prostate, focusing on BPH)
- DK-25 Prostate Cancer
- DK-26 Skin Cancer
- DK-27 Stress and Anxiety
- DK-28 Stroke
- DK-29 Thyroid Disorders
- DK-30 Ulcers (Gastrointestinal)
- DK-32 Exercise: Healthy Heart
- DK-33 Exercise: Arthritis
- DK-34 Exercise: Lower Back